PlayStation 4 is the latest video game console pioneered by Sony Interactive Entertainment. PlayStation is a powerful technology that is the legal heir of the PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 empire. With so many games and features on PlayStation 4, many users will try to enhance their gaming prospects.
But, some features can be difficult to use and empathize with. So today we are going to share with you what PS4 port forwarding is and how it works.
PS4 Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding is one of the widely used features in the PlayStation 4 and in many other games like call of duty, and much more. In order to empathize with PS4 port forwarding, initially, we should learn about what is Static and dynamic IP. The static IP address will be permanently assigned.
The internal IP address of the router will be static. Hence, it is often suggested to set up a static IP address in concurrence with other troubleshooting steps.
How to set up a Static IP address for PS4 port forwarding?
The first thing to do PS4 port forwarding is, setting up a static IP address on PS4. Here is a step by step procedure to set a static IP address on your PlayStation 4.
- Power on your PlayStation 4.
- Navigate to Settings on the PlayStation 4 and locate Network.
- Here, you need to select the option View Connection Status.
- You will find a list of Network details. That is, a Pop-up screen will appear which will display your IP address, Default Gateway, DNS and Subnet mask.
- Then, move back to the Network Screen and choose Set up Internal connection.
- Select WiFi or Local Area Network option on the following screen, based on what type of connection you are using.
- If you are connected to a wireless network then choose WiFi. If you have a cable or wire connecting the router to your PlayStation 4 console then choose Local Area Network.
- Select Custom on the next screen.
- Choose the Manual option on the IP address Settings.
- On the following screen, select the option Set up your IP. Here, you should set your IP address and go forward and set the Primary DNS, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and Secondary DNS to the values that you have previously saved.
- Select next. There, you will be sparked to make some enhanced settings and choose the following alternatives:
- Depart the MTU on Automatic.
- Choose Do Not use option for the Proxy Server.
- After that, you can test your Internet connection.
So, this is how a user should set a Static IP address on the PlayStation 4 console which is very pivotal to PS4 Port Forwarding. Now, let’s see how PS4 port forwarding works.
How PS4 Port Forwarding works?
Do you know how PS4 Port forwarding works on your gaming console? If not, then this guide will serve you with the PS4 Port forwarding process.
- Initially, a user should go through the back of the router where they will find a model or serial number which is conceivably followed by username and password.
- Then the user should enter the IP address of the router into the address bar of the browser. This IP address will lead you to the Homepage of the router maker.
- If the user had changed the username and password of the router, it will still have a username and password of the administrator. However, if you don’t know the username and password, then you should reset the router to your Factory Settings which will clear all the changes or standardization that you have done in the past. Do you know how to reset to factory settings? Here, we go with the reset steps.
- Turn the power of the router off and locate the restore factory settings option on the side of the router.
- Press this button for 10 seconds and you will see a light dazzling in the router.
- Then release the button and before turning the router on, and wait for a few moment.
- Then go to your browser and type the IP address of your router in the search bar.
- The username and password will be changed to default values.
- Now locate NAT settings in the advanced settings of your router’s homepage and locate PS4 Port Forwarding or port mapping and click on it.
- PS4 port forwarding requires open ports like Port 443 (TCP), Port 3478-3480 (TCP), Port 1935 (TCP), Port 80 (TCP), Port 3478-3479 (UDP).
- Reset your router by connecting out of the power supply then bridge your PS4 to a wireless network or through the Ethernet cable and check one of your games.
- Eventually, you have developed your first PS4 Port forwarding.
Setting up a PS4 port forwarding is not a difficult one. All you need to do is give a static IP address for your internal device and forward the correct port number to the new IP address. If you have a PS4 port forwarding device then, you should use different port numbers on the external side and map the exact port number internally.
And as well, be sure that you open only the required port forwarding number for your device or else, your network will be insecure and can be attacked by the attackers or intruders. I hope, you might have gained some knowledge of how the PS4 port forwarding works. So, have you ever tried PS4 Port forwarding? If yes, share your experience with us!