Adding a proxy server on PS4 is a complicated task if you don’t have any idea of it. So before getting started with the steps to add the proxy server on PS4, let’s discuss some of its basic concepts. Also, we will cover its major advantages in this article.
ISP is keeping a track of the user log. So your ISP knows what you are doing with your internet. This is what is called Data leak. These data are sold to third parties which will earn them a profit. This is quite common in most of the cheap internet service providers. To prevent this data leak, you need to encrypt your internet connection. This is where the VPN and proxy servers come to play.
VPN is a group of private networks that will provide a safe and encrypted connection. You can access a VPN (Virtual Private Network) by using its client software. There are lots of paid VPN available which provides complete security for your online activity. With a VPN, you can unlock all the geo-restricted contents. You can also change your IP to multiple locations.
Proxy servers are similar to a VPN, but they don’t encrypt your connection. They only mask your IP with the other IP to bypass geo-restrictions.
So thinking from a broad perspective, we highly recommend you go for VPN like ExpressVPN. Or if you are looking for a temporary solution, you can use proxy servers. Before adding a proxy server on PS4, make sure to find a good proxy. Once you connect to a proxy make a note of the IP address and port number through which connection is made. Now you can easily add proxy server on PS4 with a few simple steps.
- 1 Steps to add proxy server on PS4
- 2 How to find the IP address?
- 3 Benefits of PS4 Proxy Server
- 4 Final Words
Purpose of using Proxy Server on PS4
- To make a stable and smooth internet connection.
- It intercepts the connection between your PS4 and router.
- To compute anonymously.
- Used to unblock the blocked applications and websites.
- Proxy Server on PS4 offers fast downloads with its speedy network connection.
Steps to add proxy server on PS4
To add a proxy server on PS4 follows the below steps. Due to high volatility, these servers are changed frequently, and mostly you can’t use the same proxy server all the time. So you might need to configure a new proxy server on PS4 again if it got disconnected.
- Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose custom > wifi/LAN (depending on the connection type)
- Select Automatic for IP address, followed by don’t specify for DHCP hostname.
- Since we are adding a proxy server, just select manual for DNS settings.
- Use a custom DNS or you can also use Google’s default DNS. (8:8:8:8, 8:8:4:4)
- Now enter the Proxy server IP address.
- Click Next to save and test the modified settings.
- Then make sure to restart your PS4.
Note: These are Google DNS, you need to change the DNS settings based on your location. Or else, you might face trouble in accessing the internet via your PS4.
How to find the IP address?
Some people might use network connection on PC, MAC, or Mobile Devices. If you don’t know how to find your IP address no need to worry about it. Here, we’ve provided the steps to find the IP address based on the devices. So, make use of it to find your IP Address.
Steps to Find the IP address on PC
- On your PC, Press “Windows Key + R” to open “Run“.
- Type “cmd” and enter “OK“.
- On the command prompt screen type “ipconfig/all“.
- That’s it, you’ll find your IP address.
Steps to Find the IP address on mac
- Select “System Preferences” from the Apple menu.
- Click on the “Network” option.
- There you’ll find your IP address.
Steps to Find the IP address on Mobile
- Navigate to mobile “Settings“.
- Click on the “About Phone” option.
- Find the “Status” option and tap on it.
- Scroll the screen, you’ll be provided with the IP address.
Benefits of PS4 Proxy Server
Fast internet connection
Nothing is more annoying than a lagging and slow internet connection while gaming. Adding Proxy Server on the PS4 console will benefit the gamer with the fast internet connection. Further, the latest proxy servers come with some catchy features which result in network connection with few seconds.
Anonymity and Safety
While playing online games, most of the gamers are tracked down from the IP addresses and are bombarded with some malware attacks. Those malware attacks could seed viruses, steal money from the gamers, and much more. Hence, adding Prody Server on PS4 will be an added layer of security in order to experience a secure gaming experience.
Guess you have successfully added a proxy server on your PS4. Since some of these servers are virtual servers, you can’t use the same server for a long duration. So make sure to update your proxy list.
Well, these are the steps to add the proxy server on PS4. I hope the tutorial is informative and clear. If you are facing any issue, do comment below. We will try to provide a suitable solution as soon as possible.